To ensure the safety and well-being of the Thornton Community Band membership, the Thornton Community Band has enacted safety precautions per guidance from the CDC, local, state, and federal entities.
*Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
*Guidelines Updated 4/27/2021
COVID-19 or Corona virus symptoms include but are not limited to: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea. The CDC is continuing to update this list as more is continued to be learned.
- The TCB board will evaluate the safety of holding rehearsals and cancel as needed.
- The board will do its best to balance the mental health with physical health and safety of band members.
- The board will ensure there is enough space for each member to have a minimum of 6 feet distance or more between musicians while seated for practice.
- The board will ensure all attending are following the guidelines below to the best of their ability.
- TCB Members are NOT to attend rehearsal if they have a known exposure to COVID-19, if they are ill in any way, or exhibiting any of the above listed symptoms. It is recommended if a band member is experiencing any of COVID-19 symptoms, they do NOT attend rehearsal or concert and consult with their medical professional.
- In order to participate in rehearsals and concerts, ALL band members must sign the COVID-19 Liability Release form which can be found here: http://www.thorntoncommunityband.org/banddocuments/
- Each member is to have their temperature taken upon arriving at practice. If their temperature is 100.4 degrees or higher, they are to immediately leave and notify their section leader and Band administration. They cannot return to practice until they have had at least 24 hours of temperature below 100.4 degrees with no fever reducing medicine.
- Members are to wear a mask indoors while at practice unless actively playing a wind instrument. This mask is to cover both the nose and mouth.
- All members are to maintain social distancing of 6ft unless they are members of the same household.
- All members are to limit the amount of movement through the space whenever possible.